Friday, May 23, 2008

Dreams of Gathering

My heart longs to return to the mountain forests to gather with my tribal family spirit.

Time for the annual gathering of the tribes of the rainbow family of living light always captures my spirit into a deep sense of longing to be with my family again. I long and dream of being on the land with my brothers and sisters, fellow rainbow spirits, keepers of the vision for this new world founded on peace and love. It is a world where all are welcome, all are loved and all are fed. No one is homeless for all are at home in the community.

Villages pop up in the wilderness. Some are very primitive and simple with just a mat or sleeping bag on the ground under the stars. Others put up tents that they brought along or erect teepees, which is one of my favorite types of lodging. More creative wilderness builders erect wikkiups, wood and earth lodges in the earth or in the rocks or trees. Others live in their campers, buses, vans, station wagons or whatever type of vehicle was driven the miles to the gathering.

I usually travel in a vehicle and have one bed in it while I live in a camp where my tent is put up. The camp where I put my tent is often much further away from any road, down a trail and through the forest under the trees. I love shade on my tent!

As I write this, folks are assembling in the outer wilderness parts of Wyoming scouting for a safe and healthy site for approximately twenty thousand people to assemble in a united peace and healing prayer assembly.

How I wish I was there already ! Our vehicle is not up to par and will probably not make the journey from California to the hills and mountains of Wyoming. Raven and I are working on a remedy to that situation. As I write this,we are awaiting the registration and title transfer on a new Old van that our brother purchased for us. It is a lot more accomodating as a house since it has a kitchen complete with stove, refrigerator, and sink and toilet. It is ready to hook up to electricity and water in campgrounds but can go primitive in the wilderness, where we spend most of our time any way.

The actual gathering begins July 1-10. Holding camps are forming around the nation as near to Wyoming as possible and most likely dotted throughout the state. There is a large one forming near Salt Lake City in Utah. I am certain folks are gathering in scattered locations throughout Wyoming. God willing I will be on the road within the week heading there myself.

Stay tuned for stories of Medicine Wheel Gatherings.

No comments: